Artistic Alchemy: Thoughts on Week 1

I'm very new to Art Journaling. I recently completed a project called Soul Journaling and there was something about the process that just CALLED to me. I knew that I had found something that my soul had longed for.

Then I signed up for the
Artistic Alchemy class. I was initially overwhelmed and frustrated by the technical difficulties I encountered with the PDF files and the video download. And somehow those things, which are totally unrelated to the art process, have blocked my creative flow.

I'm sensing this page I want to create about Space (the assignment for Week 1), but I find myself questioning and doubting as I did before I jumped into the Soul Journaling project. I'm afraid of creating something WRONG, though in my heart I know that no art is WRONG. I know that it's a process of learning and trying and EXPRESSING.

I'm not yet making art for this class...but my heart is discovering some form of truth...

1 comment:

Sandy..... said...

Thanks for sharing - I have done Sarah's soul journaling as well and will have to check out the Artistic Alchemy class as well!