BAJ Prompt: In A Fishbowl

ASSIGNMENT
Half Themes - you take one page of your journal (or one spread, if you have a small journal) and divide it in half in any direction you like and create your layout in the limited space that you have made.This week's theme is "In a Fish Bowl". (from Blissfully Art Journaling)





MY PROCESS
Mark 1:19 "Come, follow me," Jesus said, "and I will make you fishers of men."

I wanted to create an image of people trapped in the "fishbowl of the life" and being offered the lure of hope.

I made the fishbowl collage on paper, then cut it in half and pasted it onto my journal page. I glued a piece of bark to represent a fishing pole. The "fishing line" is a piece of yarn that is glued to the "fishing pole" and then dangles loose.


MY THOUGHTS
The collage got kind of smeary from the glue, and then the paint seemed to absorb weird or something and made it really dark.

I thought it was an intriguing idea, and rather well represented, but the method is a bit a sloppy.



1 comment:

arlene said...

I love your concept (and your execution). Very cool prompt. I wonder how I would have interpreted it?

xo arlene