BAJ Prompt: Favorite Prayer


THE ASSIGNMENT
Use this theme [a favorite prayer] as a prompt for poetry or other musings in your art journal...keeping in mind a visual element along with the writings. (from Blissfully Art Journaling)


MY PROCESS
This isn't my "favorite prayer" - but it was a prayer that I was able to visualize.

I used a portion of a poem I wrote a few years ago:
My faith is balanced on a pedestal
displayed like priceless artistry

one thoughtless gesture
one careless stumble

My faith could plummet to the ground
and suspend me in a breathless moment

and combined that with the prayer in Luke 22:32:
“But,” Jesus said, “I made supplication for thee, that thy faith fail not.”

For the visual elements I added a very simple collage of a "pedestal" (as mentioned in the poem) and a sketch of a hand (symbolizing that Jesus will "catch my faith" if it wavers).


MY THOUGHTS
I struggled with not wanting to add too much that would distract from the words, so I think that the picture may be overly simple. My biggest triumph was the hand - I (who cannot draw) sketched that!

1 comment:

arlene said...

Lovely symbolism on the page. Your heart shows in your art.

xo
arlene